Thursday, June 11, 2015

Please welcome Kevin Stabinsky to the Helping Hands Press Author Community!

I became interested in writing during my freshman year in college (fall 1998). I was deeply involved in playing Ancient Anguish, a text- based fantasy multi-user dimension (MUD) game. One of the perks of completing enough quests in the game was the opportunity to become a coder for the game.
The joy at seeing my creation come to life got me interested in the creative process, so I decided to pursue a degree in creative writing from Penn State University. I joined the Penn State Schuylkill Campus Collegiate staff, interned at PA Business Central and Voices of Central Pennsylvania, and became a summer correspondent for the Pottsville Republican.
In Dec. 2002, I graduated from Penn State University with a B.A., English, with an emphasis in nonfiction writing. Following graduation, I enlisted in the Army as a print journalist. During my roughly 6 years in the Army, I covered multiple story types (sports, hard news, features), earning several awards. My work has appeared in multiple newspapers worldwide to include Military.com (readership: 6,023,048); Stars and Stripes, Washington, DC (readership: 1,000,000); and the Associated Press, New York, NY. One of my stories, Girl Waits for Second Chance to See, made the front cover of Stars and Stripes.
My work in the Army garnered me numerous awards, including the 2007 U.S. Army Forces Command runner-up Journalist of the Year (one of the top 14 journalists Army wide), 2005 Installation Management Southwest Region Journalist of the Year (one of the top seven journalists Army-wide). Other individual Army awards include editor of the 2007 top Army field publication, second place in 2007 for story series, and second place in 2006 for feature articles.
After completing my contract, I continued to work for the Department of Defense, winning the 2009 Army Civilian Journalist of the Year award.
I am also a graduate of the Christian Writers Guild and have had work published in devotionals such as Soul Journey. I am currently in the process of reediting my second novel to prepare it for publication, and have several other ideas for future projects in the works.

Drop by Kevin's blog and say hello:http://kstabinsky.blogspot.com/
Also find him on Twitter:https://twitter.com/kevinstabinsky
and Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/kevin.stabinsky.3


5 comments:

  1. Welcome, Kevin! We're a nutty but lovable group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Kevin--I'm a "new " guy on the block too. Best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to our family Kevin! Like Joy said, we're nutty but you'll get used to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. I look forward to growing with all of you as authors. You kind words and best wishes are reciprocated.

    Please feel free to follow me on Twitter in the link above and friend me on Facebook. I follow anyone who follows me on Twitter and likewise will friend you back on Facebook. It will be a good way for all of us to grow our social media presence.

    Once again, thank you for everything and have a great day. God bless and take care.

    ReplyDelete