Thursday, July 30, 2015

Patti J. Smith wants to know “Where would be your dream location for writing?”


As many of you know, I have had the privilege of interviewing some very talented authors on my blog (gridirongrannyfootballfanatic.blogspot.com). One of the questions I ask is, “Where would be your dream location for writing?”

Yesterday, while I was in the shower preparing for a family outing with my husband and dad, I do what I usually do…pray. The solitude and water flowing frees me from all distractions, unclutters the mind and allows me to focus on God. Following my conversations with Him has always been a time of inspiration for me. Unfortunately, by the time I dry off, get dressed and start the day, those inspirational thoughts that could be used in a current or future book slip away in the chaos of life.

With that in mind, a funny thought popped into my head … if only my laptop were waterproof.
I wouldn’t lose the inspiration … the words would flow as freely as the water.

Yep, that’s how my brain works. I even thought about designing something for shower use, until I realized that even if I could, I’d be rudely catapulted out of the inspirational mode as the water turned shockingly cold. Not only that, the water bill would skyrocket and with the drought in Southern California, I would probably be fined for overuse.

There’s always a bath……

Patti J. Smith is a best-selling author of devotionals, light romance and suspense. She was born into a military family in Wimpole Park, England and traveled extensively during her childhood.

Patti worked for the federal government as an auditor, served ten years in the U.S. Army Reserves and recently retired as a background investigator. She is a member of the Association of Christian Therapists, serves as Regional Coordinator for the Silent No More Awareness Campaign and Co-leads Rachel's Hope After-Abortion Healing Retreats. Patti publicly shares her story of redemption in a variety of venues, has been a guest on Sacred Heart and Blogtalk Radio and appears in the newly-released documentary, "The Sidewalk Chronicles".

She lives in Vista, CA with her husband and has three beautiful granddaughters. She is a prolific blogger and reader, and proudly admit to being a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan and Fantasy Football fanatic. Her travel adventures include Spain, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Fiji, South Korea and almost all states - including Hawaii and Alaska.

Follow her blog: http://www.gridirongrannyfootballfanatic.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/author/show/7306825.Patti_J_Smith
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gridirongranny5
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PattiJSmithAuthorPage
Pinterest: http://wwwpinterest.com/gridirongranny

2 comments:

  1. my favorite place is in front of my desk in my current flat overlooking other backyards [am 1 story up] as location is irrelevant per se if you mean geographically. Perhaps Paris or Berlin or Varanasi [though it gets hot there in summer]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Space. Looking down over planet earth.

    ReplyDelete