Friday, March 27, 2015

Patti J. Smith reflects on an evening that was filled with Fellowship, Praise and Worship!


“My mother wanted to abort me, and that was basically a family secret. My grandfather stopped her and said that he had a dream and saw me perfectly. He was a prophetic dreamer, like Martin.” (Dr. Alveda King)

Being active in the pro-life community, I have met some extraordinary people. Last night at a Life Choices benefit, I had the pleasure of meeting and listening to two of my heroes: Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Walter Hoye, Founder and President of Issues4Life. Two incredibly passionate soldiers of Christ battling abortion; particularly the genocide of African-American children. You might think the term “genocide” is a little dramatic, but, unfortunately, it’s the only word that describes what is going on in our country. More than 16,000,000 African-American children have been aborted since passage of Roe v Wade.

The evening was filled with fellowship, praise and worship, but most importantly hope. We witnessed the testimony of three young women who utilized the services of Life Choices. They walked on the stage with their beautiful babies, sharing that through the education and assistance of Life Choices, they were able to keep and care for their children, continue their schooling and move forward in achieving their goals.

As most of my readers know, I co-lead after-abortion healing retreats for women who have suffered the emotional, physical and spiritual consequences of abortion. I have a dream too … my services will not be needed in the future and through the efforts of Dr. King, Walter Hoye, and the pro-life community, it will someday become a reality.

About Patti:
Patti J. Smith was born in Wimpole Park, England. She lived in England and Morocco as well as several state-side Air Force Bases and considers her father's last assignment, Moses Lake, Washington, her hometown. She audited for the Dept. of Labor and Veteran's Administration Offices of Inspector General, served in the U.S. Army Reserve (Transit Control Unit and Criminal Investigation Division) and recently retired as a background investigator.

Patti lives in Vista, CA with her husband and has three granddaughters. She is a member of the Association of Christian Therapists, serves as a Regional Coordinator for the Silent No More Awareness Campaign and leads Rachel's Hope After-Abortion Healing Retreats.

Her writing includes devotionals, light romance, and suspense, and her strong faith is reflected in each genre. She is a prolific blogger and reader, and proudly admits to being a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan and Fantasy Football fanatic.

Follow her blog: http://www.gridirongrannyfootballfanatic.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/author/show/7306825.Patti_J_Smith
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gridirongranny5
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/giridirongranny
Pinterest: http://wwwpinterest.com/gridirongranny

2 comments:

  1. Patty, the pro-life movement is very dear to my heart as well. I have one novel out with a strong pro-life message and I'm working on another. Thank you for your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much June. I'll check out your work. In my book, Moments with God, I tell my story as well as have a rosary meditation for post-abortive women. Glad to meet another sister for life! Blessings!

      Delete