Thursday, February 19, 2015

Grab an early glimpse of "The Outlaw Unchained - V5- The Posse"


The Outlaw Unchained – Volume 5 – The Posse

White curtains billowed inward as the afternoon cool breeze waifed over the two weathered hard looking men. Each one had a Spencer Repeating Rifle in front of them leaning up against the wall. They were finishing up placing all the .56-.56 shells they were going to need to complete the mission on the worn and beaten table that sat between them for fast loading, bullets tip up.
“Humpf,humpf ,humph” came the noise from over at the bed behind them. A man tied to the bed, one limb per each of the four posts, wearing a blindfold made of a sweaty bandana over his eyes continued to struggle with his restraints in a futile effort to free himself.
“Sir, if you are trying to extricate yourself from your restraints I can assure you that it is impossible. In fact the more you tug the tighter they will become. If you want to lose all circulation in your hands and feet, please thrash some more. We promised that no harm would come to you unless you resisted. I am close to considerin’ this resisting. Please stop.”
The thrashing subsided.
“Good now if you can remain quiet while we perform the task at hand I will remove my cohorts sock from your mouth. I know where his feet have been and the last time he bathed, let alone the last time he washed the socks. I had thought you would have passed out quite a while ago just from the stench. Your sense of smell must be dimmer than your brain pan friend.”
“Hey, I take umbrage to your comment about the time I bathed. I was in the tub before you.”
“Yes, but I also washed my close then. You did not. Remember?”
“Yes, now I do recollect. I stand corrected. Can we stop talkin’ and commence with the job at hand?”
“Yes we may. But first let’s a prayer for those about to be sent forth into judgment to the Almighty. In the name of the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit Amen.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, harmony;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen”
With that the man to the left stood and faced the table, took a small flask from his left front flannel shirt breast pocket, screwed off the cap, closed his eyes and mumbled something in Latin, then shook the liquid from the flask all over the table and the bullets.
“Can we start shootin’ now? Wait back up. I still don’t understand why you sprinkle Holy Water all over the bullets before we commence a shootout. You have to let me in on that.”
“Another day, another time we will discuss it. Not in front of the uninitiated. Now, follow my lead, I will take out the first Border Ruffian. We go by rank from high too low as always.”
“I’m good then; the breeze will take the smoke into the room. They may not figure out where we are at for a little bit.”
“My God have mercy on their souls.” With that the he looked down through the sight at the bottom of the rifle barrel and fired the first shot. Instantly Chaos and Anarchy began to rear their ugly heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment