Thursday, April 21, 2016

Become REFRESHED with this reading sample from Patti J. Smith's Devotional " Embrace The Morning - Rosary Meditations To Calm The Storm"

Patti J. Smith is the author of a number of Devotionals.

Each one of her Devotionals has a specific theme and intent.

"Embrace The Morning - Rosary Meditations To Calm The Storm" presents meditations and prayers that will speak to our daily struggles. We need to remember, God is our safe harbor. Cultivating a deep-rooted relationship with Him is essential if we are to weather the storm.

Below you will find the Amazon Kindle link, the Devotionals Introduction and a reading sample.The Devotional is $0.99.:http://www.amazon.com/Embrace-Morning-Rosary-Meditations-Storm-ebook/dp/B00GJ0YHBI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461260355&sr=8-2&keywords=patti+j.+smith

Introduction
Life is teeming with obligations and activities. At times we become overwhelmed; we lose track of priorities.
The foremost priority, our relationship with God, unfortunately gets lost in the chaos. We put off praying for a quieter time, we miss church in order to relax and that cycle continues.
Curiously, what we don't realize is that if we maintain our daily relationship with God, all things will fall into place. Psalms 107:29-30 makes it perfectly clear, “He hushed the storm to silence; the waves of the sea were stilled. They rejoiced that the sea grew calm, that God brought them to the harbor they longed for.”
Regardless of how busy we are, if we start the day conversing with God, he will still the storm before it begins or give us the strength to withstand it. If we end the day thanking God, we will retire serenely, becoming refreshed to Embrace the Morning.



THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES

I. The Annunciation
Luke 1:38: Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her.
Being open to God's will is sometimes quite difficult. In our hearts we want to; however, our minds manipulate us into going the opposite direction. We need to be cognizant that Satan is always close by and is waiting for self-will to take control. Once that happens, he is free to create havoc and discontent in our lives.
To differentiate between God's will and our own, we are given subtle clues. These clues can appear as an uneasy feeling in the pit of our stomach or an odd feeling of impending disaster.
Jesus, self-will runs riot in my life. It is so easy to take the reins myself thinking I am in control. Keep me ever mindful that you would never lead me astray; that you love me and want only what is best for my life.
My Precious Savior, guide me to follow your word in my thoughts, words and deeds. At day's end may I count my blessings with love and gratitude.


II. The Visitation
Luke 1:41-44: When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, “Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy”.
The visitation shares the message of Mary's unselfishness by traveling a great distance while pregnant to see Elizabeth; however, it also shares the message that we need to rejoice in the Lord. It is our calling as Christians to spread His word. The current atmosphere in our world makes us reluctant to discuss faith at school, the workplace or other arenas; however, we can do it and God wants us to. If we don't share our joy in Christ we have lost the wonderful opportunity to bring others to Him.
Jesus, I love you and want others to love you as well. Bless me with opportunities to open your door to non-believers.
My Precious Savior, guide me to follow your word in my thoughts, words and deeds. At day's end may I count my blessings with love and gratitude.


III. The Nativity
Luke 2: 8-14: Now there were shepherds in that region living in the fields and keeping the night watch over their flock. The angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were struck with great fear. The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Can you imagine what life would be like if Jesus had not been born? We would be like lost sheep, with no direction. Through Him we found our Father … through Him we know how to live righteously … through Him we can have eternal life.
Blessed Mother, your faithfulness to God brought us a savior and I am filled with gratitude. Without Him, I would be adrift in a world void of purpose and filled with hopelessness. Heavenly Father, through Your son I have been saved and pray I can follow his path of righteousness.

My Precious Savior, guide me to follow your word in my thoughts, words and deeds. At day's end may I count my blessings with love and gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment