Saturday, June 25, 2016

When PERSEVERANCE wasn’t enough - Peggy Blann Phifer

[…] “I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.”

Henry Ford once said: “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”

Are you seeing a pattern here? Do you see how it ties into my header image? So, where am I going with this?

God gave me that word at the beginning of the year. I didn’t ask for it…I didn’t even go looking for one. I was sitting at my desk, staring out the window, watching it snow. I should have been writing, but the words simply weren’t coming. And that word just popped into my head. Maybe God meant it as both admonishment and encouragement, I don’t know. But there it was.

But something told me perseverance wasn’t enough. Then I picked up a phrase from someone on an e-mail loop I follow:
Persevering means you have to be intentional about it…to take deliberate, purposeful steps forward to accomplish that goal.

This week I celebrated my birthday. The next day was my oldest son’s birthday. It wasn’t the additional year to my age that shook me. It was realizing how old Doug was. Oh, my!

I don’t know how many more years God has allotted to me, but obviously He isn’t done with me. He’s given me a gift–a talent–to write His stories. I may never be an award-winning, best-selling author, but that’s okay.As long as I’m doing His work, I’m good.

♦ Blog/Website: http://www.whispersinpurple.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment